Prayer is one of the most important parts of our faith and individual relationship with God. It allows us to seek Him on an intimate level, giving us the opportunity to open our hearts and show our dependence on Him.
I know that sometimes we can struggle to bring ourselves to pray. I know that it may not always be our first thought, and I know that many of us can be very busy. But it’s important to remember that we should put God above everything and seek to grow our relationship with Him in hopes that one day we can join Him in heaven eternally.
In this post, I’m going to break down a list I compiled of random times throughout the day that are perfect opportunities to say a prayer, even though there truly are endless reasons to pray! My goal is that this list inspires and motivates you to turn to God more throughout the day, and I hope that it ultimately helps you to grow closer to Jesus and allows expand and deepen your faith!
Why should we pray?
Before I reveal my list, let’s quickly dig into the Bible to see what it says about the importance of prayer to understand why we should always pray. The Bible says:
- “Never stop praying.” (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” (Colossians 4:2)
- “Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.” (Luke 18:1)
Different times to pray throughout the day
1. When you wake up
2. Before you drive…
3. …and when you arrive at your destination
4. Before a meal
5. Before a test
6. Before an event
7. Before a sports game
8. Before bed
9. When you’re driving
10. When you have free time
11. When you need strength
12. When you feel anxious
13. When the day feels long
14. When you’re working out
15. When you’re cooking
16. When you feel tested or face an obstacle
17. When things don’t go as planned
18. When you take a risk or the “road less traveled”
19. When you need patience
20. When you feel unmotivated
21. When you feel blessed or thankful
22. When you need to feel God or a reminder that He is with you
23. When you feel overwhelmed
24. When you feel sad or emotional
25. When you feel hurt (physically or emotionally)
26. When you feel like your faith is lacking
27. When you have a deadline
28. When you feel discouraged
29. When you feel confused or lost
30. When you feel lonely
31. When something goes well
32. When you need help making a decision
33. When you’re unsure about your purpose
34. When you feel hopeless
35. When you need help or feel like you need a miracle
36. When your mental health struggles
37. When you don’t feel loved or accepted
38. When you feel guilty and want forgiveness
39. When you feel ignored
40. When you want clarity
41. When you get in an argument
42. When you can’t see the positives
43. If someone is suffering
44. When you see something beautiful (like a sunrise or sunset)
45. When you think about God
46. Before an interview
47. Before a busy day or week
48. When you need a sprinkle of hope
49. When you need a reminder that you are loved
50. When you want to act out in anger
51. If you feel like crying
52. Before you read the Bible
53. When you want to praise Him!
54. When you feel bad for someone else
55. When someone else needs a prayer
Subscribe & stay updated!
Friend, I hope that this list has inspired or motivated you to spend some extra time with God in prayer. You can pray in all circumstances, and this list is just a beginning to the infinite times and reasons to pray throughout the day.
As explained in the beginning of this post, prayer is one of the most important things that we can do as Christians to strengthen our relationship with Christ, and we should aim to do it as much as possible. What are other times throughout the day that you pray? Comment them below so that we can keep the list going!
6 thoughts on “50+ Random Times To Pray Throughout The Day”
I love this list, Leah! I think its so important to be praying continually throughout the day, and this list was such a good reminder of that! I loved all your creative ideas for when to pray… like when i’m working out! I love praying when I see something beautiful in nature- even just pretty gray skies! Thank you for this lovely post!! 💛
Hi Megan! Thank you for reading! 🙂 I LOVE your idea about praying when you see something beautiful in nature. I think nature can be so inspiring and motivating to just praise and thank God!
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome! It really can be- sometimes I just stand in awe of nature and marvel at how the God who created all of that created me too! Once again, I loved this post! 💛
I’m so glad for this list! I want to pray more – and this will give me more reminders! Thank you!
I’m glad you enjoyed the list! I’m with you about praying more. Sometimes we all just need a little bit of motivation or inspiration. 🙂 Thanks for reading and commenting!
LikeLiked by 1 person